Cold Front Come Back!
Whee had a few minutes in the fresh air but it was a little too fresh and Mummy decided that it wasn’t such a great idea.
Whee are a bit put out as if it gets really cold and snows then Mummy won’t go out get herbs or grass. No green spaghetti or yummy fresh snacks.
Oh the horrors!
Whee are now following the BBC weather updates with nervous fascination. This is over night tonight:
London and South East England – Forecast Summary
Rain, sleet, perhaps a little light snow through this evening but becoming generally dry overnight with skies clearing allowing a widespread, quite hard frost to develop, some icy surfaces likely, too.
For most, a dry, bright but cold day, with icy conditions for a time, but some snow showers will affect parts of Kent, especially areas exposed to chilly northeasterly winds.
Outlook for Monday to Wednesday
Icy with some snow for many by Monday. Thereafter, staying very cold and wintry with hard night frosts and further sleet or snow showers, although these more isolated on Wednesday.
Mummy has a list of things whee need to have or do during Cold Weather.
- Snugglesafe Heatpads at the ready.
- Draft excluders on the doors and blankets to go over the cages. It is important to keep our homes out of drafts because whee can really struggle and get sick with these.
- Keeping bedding fresh and dry, meaning whee are cleaned out more often than usual.
- Extra bedding.
- Warm piggy mush. Adding a little hot water to our piggy food. Lovely and warming for the tummy.
- Fleece blankets to have on the laminate flooring during floor/run time so our little paws and tummys don’t get cold, being so close to the ground.
Hope this helps anyfurryelse with piggies or if they have other pets this may apply too.
Nibbles & Nutty
Posted on January 12, 2013, in Piggy Blogs and tagged animal, animals, british, cavies, cavy, cute, funny, guinea pig, guinea pigs, humor, pet, pets, photo, photos, rodent, rodents, small furries, small furry, smile, story, sweet. Bookmark the permalink. 39 Comments.