Monthly Archives: May 2013
The animal blogosphere has been as been a busy place recently. Mummy took this pigture at a local park. Follow Bambi’s Dad’s advice. Take a bow everyone and have wonderful Wednesday.
Nibbles, Nutty, Buddy & Basil
Grass is made for sharing. Me and Nibbles like to share a lovely handful of grass as whee doze in the sunshine and now Buddy and Basil are furfriends again they do too!
Not sure about efurryone else but whee had a sunny sunday and played in the garden almost ALL day! As it is half term break for the little hoomans today whee are going to play and have cuddles all this wheek.
The perfect life!
Have a mellow Monday efurryone!
Apparently I will not be scarred for life and rocking a ruggedly handsome look. I has finally healed! Mummy helped me eating and drinking but today I look almost normal and so whee are able to show you the slow improvement as I got better. The scab fell off today and you can hardly see it anymore. I am bootiful once again!
Luckily I didn’t need any pain relief or antibiotics but my food had to be cut up smaller and I wasn’t allowed anything acidic as far as veggies went but now I can eat what I would like to!
I am so happy to be better but really grumpy too because it keeps raining and whee even had hail yesterday! Where is our Summer?!!
Have a fabulous Friday!
ps. Yes, me and Buddy are good friends again!
Well today the bidding wars officially begin for Leo the poorly kitty. Get over there are get in before all the bargains are gone! Whee just managed to sneak a little something in for you to big on but it was a close thing because one of us had a little accident last night . . .
Yes, the drama. Unfortunately Buddy and Basil had a little argument last night and one of them got hurt. It was poor little Basil (whee say poor but he is suspected of starting the fight in the first place) Usually they say that if they draw blood you must separate guinea pigs immediately but straight after they were cuddled up together with Buddy caring for Basil so Mummy decided it would do more harm than good to separate them.
Basil had what is a quite nasty deep cut which goes all the way through his lip and is a little over 1cm. Mummy called the out of hours vets last night in a bit of a panic for some advice. Whee have to keep it clean and let it heal on its own unless he shows signs of an infection. So whee are keeping a careful eye on him. Mummy is giving him some special food called critical care and probiotic water just to keep him going in case he is struggling to eat or drink. After the way he attacked veggies this morning whee think he is ok but Mummy is just being careful. This morning whee got a pigture so whee could show you guys the damage and believe it or not this is actually a hell of a lot better than it was last night!
Please send healing wheeks too Basil and he requests from his sickbed that you buy lots of things at the auction as it is for such a good cause.
Have a mellow Monday
Not sure about you but whee are making this Sunday as lazy day! Curl up in your hay nest or bed and relax!
These animals clearly relaxed a lot . . .
Nibbles, Nutty, Buddy & Basil
There is something special which whee are reminded of in times of need. This blogosphere is a family. A family who pull together and create miracles when one of them is in need.
There is a kitty in need right now. If you aren’t familiar with Leo’s story – just visit our previous post where whee mention him or Savannah’s blog and take a look to see how much her foster bro-fur is going through. Leo is a very sick cat and Savannah’s pawrents are footing most of the vet bills while the cat charity he is from is trying to raise funds.
However a furry kind furry is creating one of the aforementioned miracles in doing a big Auction and Raffle thingy to raise money. To see the posts about how you can help see Mollie’s blog here and how to buy raffle tickets here. As this is quite a lot for one person to handle Misaki is also helping out and you can donate and buy raffle tickets there too.
If you can donate something or buy a ticket then please hop over there. All donations need to be told to Mollie or Misaki by Friday 17th. The Auction with take place on Monday 20th and raffle winners will be announced on Wednesday 22nd.
So please, if you can, help do! There is no better cause than family.
Nibbles, Nutty, Buddy & Basil
ps. Whee dedicate this song to Savvy, Leo and their pawrents . . .
Operative – Agent B.A.5.1.L
Skills – Squeaking, Houdini Act, Exploring, and Munching
Mission – It is 11:05 and the veggies are still not here. Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to escape from behind bars and search for the missing munchies. This mission is full of danger so Agent 8.U.D.DY will remain behind bars to squeak and assist. Good luck agent. The vegetables are depending on you!
For Squeak and Country
Ignoring the danger, the brave Agent ventured forth in an epic mission that would see the veggies returned to their rightful noms bowls:
And all was well in the world once more!
Have a fabulous Friday efurryone!
It’s just a short post today. Mummy finally managed to get a short video of me breaking out of my cage!
What are your agent worthy skills?
Well as promised whee are here to tell you a tale of one naughty little Buddy (ahem, me!)! Last night Mummy did her evening check ups on all of us. Now bearing in mind that myself and Basil had been feeling and behaving in an over amorous way most of the day, when Mummy saw the results of this she was not happy. When whee boars get into this sort of ‘mood’ whee produce a sticky substance known as boar glue. Named as such because when it dries it becomes rock solid. Well I think you can guess where this is going now. I had some of this impossible to remove substance, stuck to my bottom lip. Please don’t ask how it got there!
Well as you can imagine Mummy was in a bit of a flap and today I was subjected to a bath in an effort to soak it off. Unfortunately none of Mummy’s efforts worked, however she left me with a bit of carrot then came back to find the carrot and boar glue gone and me cleaning myself. She claims to not want to know what happened to it. So anyway, I am clean and shiny now which leads neatly into an award whee received today from our pig in a million friend Bacon the pig, from Pig Love.
Here are the rules for the Shine On Award –
Answer the 10 random questions or those of your choosing.
- Nominate 10 other bloggers for the Award and link their blog site.
- Notify the bloggers of their award.
- Ask the award winners to answer the 10 questions when they accept their award.
1. Do you have a goal in life? To train our hoomans in the art of cavy care and how to be good slaves to us.
2. City or countryside? The grow all our vegetables in the countryside right?! Countryside all the way!
3. What was the last word you looked up in the dictionary? Whee were trying to look up water torture today after my bath to see if it applied.
4. If you had a time machine, where would you go? To the future when guinea pigs rule the planet so whee can be treated like kings!
5. Pirate or Vampires? Pirates. The idea of something sucking blood is kind of icky though whee know Mummy briefly had a thing for sparkling vampires. They called themselves vegetarian vampires but went round eating bunny’s and deer . . . what sort of veggie eats our furfriends?! Craziness.
6. Are you an easily satisfied person or do you keep working to obtain something? Whee are always working to get something else. Whee like finishing projects but there is usually another on the horizon.
7. Sweet or savoury? Sweet. The sweet taste of the first strawberries of summer . . . there is nothing nicer and Mummy saw the first flowers on the plants today so it hopefully won’t be long.
8. Do you believe in Karma? Very much so. As long as you strive to be nice and do good deeds you shouldn’t have anything to worry about!
9. What’s your favourite comedy film? Not really a comedy but our favourite film is G-Force because it has guinea piggies in it!
10. Fantasy or Sci-Fi? Sci-Fi, whee agree with Mummy that almost everything is cooler if it is set in outer space!
Now for our nominees!
6. Doggy Style
10. Rumpy Dog
Please visit these blog if you haven’t already!
Have a great day!