Monthly Archives: December 2013
The Bath Before Pigmas
So the hooman bathed us before Pigmas so whee would smell nice but she wasn’t very well so didn’t get a chance to upload it. Anyway, here it is, our water torture!!
The shampoo used is a special edition Pigmas one called Christmas Spice from Gorgeous Guineas which the hooman claims is part of a gift to us this Pigmas but whee are not sure. She says it’s actually a gift to the whole family really as no one needs to put up with our stinky smell anymore! The cheek of it.
Though the shampoo is really good Mummy didn’t like the smell at all so she is going to be picking a different one to test next time and see if she can find one that smells nice and works well.
Hope efurryone had a great Pigmas
Nacho, Noah, Buddy & Basil
It Feels Like The FIRst Time!
This is not my first Pigmas, it’s actually my second and Buddy’s third and whee were wheeking today over how funny it is that Nacho and Noah are so excited. I said that it still feels like my first Pigmas. I’m still furry squeaky and interested in efurrything. From the tree (which I have learnt to live with), to the lights, the tinsel and the suicidal angel on the top of our tree (she has a habit of throwing herself off the top of the tree when hoomans walk passed. Mummy says she must have been at the sherry.)
I get so excited about all the things I see. Last night Mummy crept passed with a bag and winked telling me to not squeak a word about it to anyfurry else. But you guys aren’t just anyfurry right?!
Buddy says they might have contained our Pigmas presents. I really hope they did, they smelled really tasty. Like herbs and vegetables!
What are you hoping to get for Pigmas? It’s nearly here!
Yule Get Used To It!
Mummy kept saying it but I wasn’t so sure. “Yule get used to the tree.” she insisted. I didn’t believe her but here I am, accepting the fact; Mister Tinsel Twist isn’t going anywhere.
Mummy and me have agreed that he will be leaving soon after Pigmas. No furry likes a guest that over stays their welcome! Buddy has been trying to pull that tree down whenever he gets the chance but the rest of us have made peace with him. Mummy says Pigmas is about coming together and forgiving and forgetting. So I am forgiving the tree for being here and forgetting the fact that Mummy didn’t ask permission! (As the boss pig of the house I am furry impawtent and all decisions should go through me)
What are you forgiving and forgetting for Pigmas? Another furry impawtent thing at Pigmas is giving. Whee sent off our Secret Santa Paws presents to our assigned rescue piggies and saw on facebook pigtures of them enjoying the gifts. Our two piggies have had a furry unfortunate time before they came into the rescue and one has long term health issues. It made our tummies all warm and fuzzy to know whee helped them and whee all smiled a lot. Giving is the best feeling.
Have a super Sunday efurryone
Stocking Up – A Pigmas Vlog
Well Friday has finally arrived and whee are ready for the wheekend! Late today the hoomans Auntie arrives on a scare-o-plane (Mummy told us it’s an areoplane but those live in the sky so whee have decided this one is scary!) all the way from the hot land with kangaroos and koalas. Whee saw pigtures of them in a book Mummy looked at last night!
Anyway, whee going off point now! With things here going to be busy, whee wanted to show you some of the other things whee have been up to in the lead up to Pigmas . . . Enjoy!
Merry Pigmas efurryone and have a fab Friday!
Nacho, Noah, Buddy & Basil
Meet The Hooman
When whee heard about this blog hop whee knew that whee just had to
force the hooman to do it matter what ask Mummy to take part. Over to you hooman!
Thanks guys. Hiya everyone, so it’s me here, Pet Crazy AKA The hoomans AKA the piggies Mummy AKA Amy. I’m like a secret agent I have so many identities!
Okay, so here are the rules of this . . .
1. The blog hop is for today, December 18th. (You can find the linky code here as wordpress won’t let me post it!)
2. Grab the badge that best describes you (options and code can be grabbed here). ——->
3. Your post must include a current photo of you (with or without a furry friend).
4. Answer at least five (or more, if you’d like!) of the questions found here:
- What’s your favorite non-animal related book?
It changes pretty often but currently it is Omens by Kelly Armstrong
- What’s your favorite non-animal related movie?
I have so many favourites but my go-to movie for any time has to be Pitch Perfect
- Who’s your favorite actor?
Liam Hemsworth or Skylar Astin and for actresses Anna Kendrick or Saoirse Ronan
- What’s your favorite holiday?
Christmas, without a doubt. I always like to remind people of the saying; It’s not what’s under the tree that counts, it’s who’s around it.
- What do you like to do in your free time?
Blogging is my free time! I actually like watching youtube videos, photography, reading and I volunteer for local charities and at my little brothers schools.
- If your pets could talk, what one word would THEY use to describe you?
Food. Honestly, it’s all they ever seem to think about anyway. I’m pretty sure that I am just the food lady to them the majority of the time, or the cuddle lady the rest of it. Occasionally I’m the mean lady who takes them to the vet but it’s for their own good and they get over it!
- Other than blogging, what are three things you do that bring you joy?
My family and friends (this includes the piggies, they are my family too!), writing stories and photography.
- What drives you nuts about your pets?
They are sooooo messy! Noah, being the youngest and currently a delinquent of a guinea pig, has taken to flicking out most of his food into any drinks we were stupid enough to leave nearby or onto the head of anyone silly enough to think they are allowed to sit on the sofa!
It was nice to finally introduce me a bit more. If you visit the guinea pigs facebook there is a recent link to mine so please feel free to friend me there!
Have a wonderful Wednesday everyone!
PS. This blog hop is hosted by a huge array of blogosphere personalities you should check out! – I Still Want More Puppies, Go Pet Friendly, Kol’s Notes, Life With Desmond, No Dog About It Blog, The Daily Dog Blog, My Brown Newfies, CindyLu’s Muse, Bringing Up Bella, Heart Like A Dog, Rescued Insanity, Peggy’s Pet Place, and NEPA Pets. With so many involved, you just knew it was going to be brilliant!
Oh Christmas Tree
Oh Christmas Tree, oh Christmas Tree, you’re in my spot in the living room!
Yes introducing the invading and might I add FAKE fir which has taken the spot where our cage is supposed to be. Just because it’s sparkly and lights up and creates a nice atmosphere . . .
Whee don’t like our Christmas tree. It’s just the one for now but give them an inch and they’ll take a mile. Whee are pretty sure it’s called for reinforcements!
So watch out if your hoomans have brought one home! They are taking over efurry home!
Buddy & Basil
Twinkle Twinkle Little Award . . .
Ok so whee haven’t posted about any of the awards whee have been getting in ages. Whee blame the management here. If there was an award for laziness, they would probably send someone else to pick it up for them. And you think whee are kidding!
The first is one whee have already had and passed on but that’s not going to stop us posting to let you know whee are all family! This award came from the wonderful Sandra from quirkybooks. You can click here to read her post about the award and see who else received it. Whee love her site because it has lots of information for the hooman and HAWT ladypigs for us! Hehehe
Next . . .
Ain’t no sunshine when she gone . . . that’s why whee are glad she’s always around! Yes, whee were awarded this pretty award by none other than the bootiful Anouchka from LifeofBun. She does great make-up advice which our hooman loves and compliments us piggies which proves she has good taste! You can read her post about the award here.
There are some simple rules attached to this award . . .
1) Use the logo above in the post. ~ check
2) Link to whoever nominated you. ~ double check
3) Write ten pieces of information about yourself. ~ okie dokie
4) Nominate ten fellow bloggers “who positively and creatively inspire others in the blogsphere.” ~ whee will put all nominees at the end of the post
5) Leave a comment on the nominees’ blogs to tell them of the award ~ will do!
Ten Facts about us:
- Basil once tried to eat a snail.
- Buddy’s favourite thing to do is run around his cage on the floor but it’s been moved to make room for the Pigmas tree so he’s not happy.
- Noah appears to be a very odd mix of breeds. He has a few Abyssinian rosettes in the middle, a short haired face, a long haired bottom and a few frizzy whiskers. Mummy just wonders who his pawrents were!
- Nacho squeaks and crosses his back legs when he’s asleep.
- Buddy is still the chubbiest of us, weighing in at 1200g after following a diet prescribed by his vet (he used to be 1450g!!)
- Basil likes to lick everyone, even hoomans he has just met. Sharing the love!
- Nacho is furry fussy about treats he likes. He prefers herbs and hay to anything else.
- Noah makes grumpy, grumbling noises whenever there is a noise he doesn’t like and that is pretty much all noises from knocks at the door to the phone ringing.
- A bag rustling instantly means food in this house, even if the hoomans don’t realise it when they make the noises.
- It doesn’t matter if it’s raining, snowing or horrible out, hoomans must always go out and fetch us fresh grass and herbs.
Whee will post our nominations at the end . . .
And our final award is our furry first Blog of the year 2013 star! ^_^ Isn’t it exciting!
Whee were given this by the FURtastic furfriend Savannah at Savannah’s Paw Tracks. You can read her full post and who she passed it onto here.
Again, there are a few rules with this:
1. Select the blog(s) you think deserve the ‘Blog of the Year 2013’ Award. ~ hmmmm let me think
2. Write a blog post and tell us about the blog(s) you have chosen – there are no minimum or maximum number of blogs required – and ‘present’ the blog(s) with their award. ~ whee will!
3. Let the blog(s) that you have chosen know that you have given them this award and share the instructions with them – (please don’t alter the instructions or the badges!) ~ okie dokie!
Now for both the Sunshine Award and the Blog of The Year 2013 Award whee would like to nominate ten blogs. That’s right, all ten of you get both awards! Enjoy!
Have a fabulous Friday efurryone!
Nacho, Noah, Buddy & Basil
Wordless Wednesday – Winter Working It!
Dear Santa Paws
Dear Santa Paws,
I know I haven’t been the best behaved little pig this year but I have tried to be good
for the past hour at least.
So I have been thinking about what I would like for Pigmas. I did want the cardboard castle from Pets at Home but them Mummy told me a story and I changed my mind.
Once upon a time, not very far away from us some piggies were abandoned in a box. They were all sick and pregnant and soon after babies were born. And those piggies, Mumma’s and Bubba’s are safe and warm and cared for in a rescue but they don’t have the one thing efurrypig deserves; A loving furever castle for Pigmas.
So Santa, if you can forgive my diva days and naughtiness, please can you give a home to all the animals in rescues?
Whee are taking part in a special Secret Santa this year, sending gifts to piggies who will be in a rescue over the festive period. Maybe you can ask the reindeers and elves if they wouldn’t mind sending a secret something to their local shelter or rescue?
Hoping you and Mrs Paws are well
Lots of love
1st cage on the right, England