Top Tips For Moving House With Guinea Pigs – Part 1 – Packing
As whee all know, pets are considered to be part of the family so when the family decide to move, pets are taken into consideration.
Part 1 – Packing and Preparing
- Our first tip is to confine us to one room while you pack and try to do most of it out of that room. Change is scary for us and whee won’t be the most helpful packers!
- Make sure whee have our favourite toys, bedding and food. Don’t wash our things for a little while, so that it has some familiar smells to go with the unfamiliar, new ones.
- If whee are not used to travelling in a carrier, make sure whee become more accustomed to it as quickly as possible as this will reduce moving day stress.
- One of our fears will likely be that whee aren’t coming with you, so give us loads of attention and reassurance before, during and after the move.
- If you’re really concerned about us during the move then it may be worth moving us to a friend’s house until you are settled but this could be furry disruptive and scary for us, moving multiple times so use this as a last resort.
- Whee piggies like our routines, so try to stick to the normal routine for as long as possible in the lead-up to the move and then get back into it as quickly as you can in your new home, especially in terms of when they are fed.
Whee hope this helps hoomans who are moving with piggies 🙂
Have a great day
Nacho, Noah, Buddy & Basil
Posted on July 11, 2014, in Piggy Blogs and tagged cavies, cavy, cute, guinea pig, guinea pig blogger, guinea pig blop, guinea pigs, moving house, moving house with guinea pigs, pet, pet blog, pet blogger, pets. Bookmark the permalink. 12 Comments.