5 Things You Should Never Say To A Guinea Pig Pawrent
Whee have seen a few of these around the blogosphere so last wheek whee started putting together a list of things some hoomans say that annoy Mummy.
1. “So how are your hamsters?” You know it’s sweet that they care but seriously how hard is it to remember the animal?! Our Mummy doesn’t say so ‘How is your dog’ about your cat!
2. “Why take them to the vet, you could buy a new one for that amount.” This one actually ticks Mummy off the most. Why do you take YOUR pet to the vet? Because they are part of your family and they can’t be replaced. Just because they are smaller doesn’t make them less worthy of care when sick.
3. “Guinea pigs are such boring pets.” Like anything else in life you get out what you put in. Leave them in a cage 24/7 and they are not going to be inclined to play and be trained. If your piggy doesn’t do anything it’s because you aren’t stimulating them.
4. “Guinea pigs are children’s pets.” Alright, yes they do make great kids pets (as long as a parent takes responsibility for their care) but they didn’t reach being one of the top five owned pets just because of that. They are fun, engaging pets with lots of pigsonality. Why wouldn’t everyone want them?!
5. “It’s just a guinea pig.” Is your dog just a dog? Your cat just a cat? Your child just a kid? Our hooman would never dream of being so insulting but some people have no filter!
What things do people say about your pet that annoy you?
Have a fab Friday
Posted on May 16, 2014, in Piggy Blogs and tagged cavies, cavy, cute, guinea pig, guinea pig blog, guinea pig blogger, guinea pigs, pet, pet blog, pet blogger, pets. Bookmark the permalink. 60 Comments.